Friday, June 22, 2012

What's in my Summer Beach Bag

Earlier this week I posted a tutorial on making your own vintage linen beach bag. So i thought it appropriate to tell you how I pack my bag for a day in the sun.








1- Vintage Beach towel

2- Sunscreen- ( Spray, stick form for the  scalp part line & lips and i use a separate one for my face, I like aveeno age shield)

3- Small bottle of conditioner. I run it thru my hair before I pull it up to prevent it from getting too dried up from the sun and chlorine.

4- Brush & hair elastics ( to keep hair in tact, especially if on the boat, all that wind makes for tangles)

5- Swimmer Ear Drops- this has become a necessity after my daughter got an ear infection after swimming. If you want to make your own at home- mix half & half portions of  rubbing alcohol & white vinegar & put in a dropper bottle and use the same as you would the store bought. A much cheaper version.

6- Your favorite hat. As you get older, this becomes more and more important. Protect your face and avoid more wrinkles in the future. I like this one because, I like to wear my hair in a top knot and this wraps around it perfectly and rolls up for nice storage.

7- Your favorite sunglasses. I made this case from one of my husbands crown royal bags. (his favorite whiskey).

8- Reading material-Of course you can bring your favorite book but sometimes i like to take pool time as an opportunity to go thru all my old mags and pull out the pages with ideas that i want to save. They I can pitch them while I'm there. Organizing and relaxing. I say yes to that.

9- Mirror- I like to have one on hand to check for racoon eye. I usually wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner to avoid this.

10- A swimsuit cover up. I saw this tutorial for a quick cover up idea. I'm going to make a couple of these. We usually go for ice cream after the pool or go to a restaurant on the lake where we dock our boat  and go in, so cover ups are essential for me. I will be scouring the thrift store for cool vintage fabric to make these with.

I hope this has been useful info to help you to assemble a summer essentials bag of your own. When it comes to things my kids want to bring, it's my hard fast rule of "You want it, You carry it". I've had many years of carrying all of their stuff and now their old enough to take care of it, so they have their own towels, goggles, rafts etc. Is there anything that you carry in your bag that you think is a must?  I would love to know.

                                                                      XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment