Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Doily Embellished Cashmere Hat



Where are you Spring?Our weather has been so unpredictable lately. We will have a warm day and then a freezing day the next. This pretty hat will get me thru any more cold days we might have and if not, I will be ready for next year. I made this from a cashmere sweater that had a whole in it. Heres how I did it.

1- I measured my head and then divided it in half and measured that length across the botyom of my sweater and cut out my hat shape.

2- One quick seam and it was done. I used a zig zag stitch to make sure it didn't frey.

3- Then I added a small doily by hand stitching it on and adding a vintage button in the center.

It is so soft and keeps my head and ears warm. Try and make one of your own from a recycled sweater. You will fall in love with it all over again next year.
Xoxo
Rachel


3 comments: