Thursday, March 6, 2014

Our trip to Mexico

I'm in love with our room. Cushy beds, champagne on ice, rainfall shower, indoor hot tub & Jose in my bar. This girl was happy.


I finally got to wear my Rachel Zoe black caftan. It was perfect for walks on the beach. Super cool and flowy. That ocean water was absolutely perfect. We had sun every day but one and that day we took a kayak out. It was awesome aside from the 2 sharks swimming too close in my proximity. My husband was curious about them trying to paddle in their direction while I tried frantically paddling in the opposite direction. I love me some shark week but not in real life. As we would back up, they would swim closer. After some panicking and a few choice word. I got out of there.
We took full advantage of our private roof top. This place totally spoiled us and I think I must find a way to put in an outdoor shower at my own house. It was absolutely awesome. And will not deny or confirm that i sunbathed in my birthday suit.
Having drinks brought to you on the beach wasn't bad either.
If  I wouldn't have gotten busted at the airport, I would have totally snagged some baby sprouts from their landscaping plants. I wish I had taken more pictures. They were all gorgeous. I need to see if I can find some online to add to my garden.

It was huevo's rancheros and eggs benadict with mimosas for breakfast.

Hammocks for afternoon naps

And capturing sunrises from the roof after a night sleeping outdoors.


This was a truly unbelievable trip. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I don't think I have come home from a trip more relaxed. It was nice spending couples time with my husband and it made me miss my kids all the more.  If you get the chance to go, I could highly recommend the Excellence Playa Mujeres  Resort in Cancun.

XoXo

Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Mexico looks beautiful! that beach is the stuff of dreams and you and your man look gorgeous. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place look's fanflippintastic!!! And I'm happy you didn't come back home sportin a peg leg! hehheh

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely blog! :)
    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete