Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to sooth a cold- the vintage honeybee way.

I have had the flu all week and here are a couple of things that have gotten me on the road to recovery. Hot tea is just the ticket. Made with honey of course. Nothing soothes a throat better and makes you feel cozy.

I like my tea in this one person tea set, i put on of the tea holders in my cup and the other in the pot and then fill them up with my kettle, so I don't have to keep getting up. Also the metal bird is for lemon, just quarter a lemon, open the top, put it in and squeeze into your tea. This blue ceramic jar is full of sugar if you would prefer to have that instead.



When you put your tea in, close it and tap on the counter so any loose bits fall out before you put it in your cup

I found this at the thrift store and i keep it out on my stove top always. It makes me smile


I also like to keep a hankie for coughs, kleenex for sneezes, and hand sanitzer on hand to keep the remote free of the germies. Don't want to spread it to the kids. I hope these tips will be helpful for your next cold and help you have a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment