Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Help your feathered friends out...the bird B & B.

It's truly a bird bed and breakfast. A fancy place to lie your head and bring your bird babies into the world and a yummy bird treat at your door.

I started by spray painting my favorite color lately which happens to be a creamy pale peach. 

Then I added scrapbook paper to the roof and a doily to the entrance with matte mod podge and sealed the whole thing with 2 more coats and dry overnight before I took it outdoors.

Then I added my  bird biscuit. I used this recipe.
You'll Need:
3/4 cup flour 
1/2 cup water
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
3 tbsp. corn syrup
4 cups birdseed
molds (muffin tin, cookie cutters, etc.)
nonstick spray
drinking straw
waxed paper
ribbon/twin

I mixed them up. Sprayed the tin with cooking spray and then pressed them in place. After about 20 minutes, I used a skewer to to make the holes to run your ribbon thru. Then I let them sit over night and put them out in the morning.



A week later and they are all completely gone. Just strings blowing in the wind. I need to make more. This was an easy craft and it really helps our feathered friends out in the harsh weather.  Let me know what you think.

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful idea
    i have been thinking about feeding the birds in my snowy realm. Don't have a bird feeder, so this would work well instead. thank you. they are so charming to see as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm packing my trunk to stay at that tweet..I mean sweet B&B!

    ReplyDelete